At this time of year, a lot of people are losing sleep and studies suggest that even one night of lost sleep will decrease your immune system making it more likely for you to get the cold and flu.
Watch this video to learn the effects of sleep deprivation.
Watch the video now!
Prefer to read? Here’s the gist of what Dr. Tim spoke about in this video clip.
Issues with Sleep Deprivation
- Sleep deprivation increases your odds of being in an accident. because you are less focused. And, you’re not going to look and feel at your best
- You are less focused.
- You’re not going to look and feel at your best every day. Now, if you’re someone who is chronically losing sleep, that increases
- Now, if you’re someone who is chronically losing sleep, that increases risks of weight gain and obesity, diabetes, and cancer.
- You increase your risk for stroke and heart disease over four times.
What is Chronic Sleep Deprivation?
Chronic sleep deprivation is defined as less than six hours a night.
I am going to give you some tips to make sure that you are able to change this naturally without drug and other interferences.
- Create a bedtime routine.
- Make your environment for sleep as dark as possible with no ambient light, no cellphone, no alarm clocks, no little blue lights from your router. You need to get all of that stuff out of there.
- The best time to sleep is from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Whatever you can do to get that going, that’s going to be the best for you in maximizing your sleep during that time. You want to be able to reset what’s called your circadian rhythm so you get deep restful quality sleep.
When you do these things, you’re going to wake up feeling rested, wake up feeling amazing, and avoid the dangers of not being able to sleep.
[ctt title=”What are the effects of sleep deprivation?” tweet=”What are the effects of sleep deprivation? http://ctt.ec/6a7Fb+ @newlifechiro” coverup=”6a7Fb”]
JOIN US AT OUR NEXT COMMUNITY EDUCATION EVENT IN ROCKLIN, CA
Have you had the opportunity to join us at one of our community education events yet? If not, we hope you enjoyed this answer to your question. At our community education events, Dr. Tim Smith from New Life Chiropractic in Rocklin explains the benefits of living a Max Living lifestyle. This includes taking care of your:
- nervous system
- nutritional needs
- exercise (in less than 20 minutes per day!)
- and removing toxins
During the community education events, Dr. Tim focuses on a pressing health concern and then sifts through all of the knowledge out there to bring you key information about how to get healthy and stay that way. Enjoy clips from our previous events here.