You can oftentimes normalize cholesterol levels naturally without pharmaceutical drugs, but I do not recommend you immediately modify or discontinue any medication without speaking to your physician.
The key to improving cholesterol and any health condition is creating a healthy environment from the inside, which will express a greater health on the outside. By implementing a 5 Essentials MaxLiving lifestyle you will be addressing the stresses that cause high cholesterol and heart disease.
ESSENTIAL 1: CORE CHIROPRACTIC
- Work with a corrective care chiropractor to keep your nervous system functioning optimally and address specific concerns about normalizing cholesterol including inflammation.
- A chiropractor can also help you design a customized dietary and lifestyle protocol that helps normalize inflammation and other factors that contribute to cardiovascular disease.
ESSENTIAL 2: NURITION
Follow the MaxLiving Advanced Nutrition Plan.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Stay well-hydrated with sufficient amounts of clean, filtered water and green tea.
- Increase dietary fiber (specifically, soluble fiber) can positively impact cholesterol levels. Aim for at least 35 grams of fiber from fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds daily.
- Get adequate amounts of omega-3 fatty acids from cold-water, wild-caught fish, grass-fed meats, walnuts, and hemp and chia seeds.
- Avoid damaged fats (like corn, vegetable, soy, and canola oils), hydrogenated oils, and trans fats.
- If you need a sweetener, use stevia or xylitol in small amounts.
- Avoid sugar and all refined carbohydrates including grains, whole grain crackers, and pasta.
- Nutrition testing with Brainspan and BiomeFx
ESSENTIAL 3: MINDSET
- Learn how to better handle stress. Consider meditation and mindfulness to de-stress.
- Get at least 6-8 hours of sleep per night.
ESSENTIAL 4: OXYGEN & EXERCISE
- High-intensity, short-duration exercise 3 – 4 times a week can improve HDL levels while reducing body fat that can improve LDL and triglyceride levels.
ESSENTIAL 5: AVOID TOXINS
- Use only toxin-free beauty and cleaning products. Research connects environmental chemicals including pollutants with cardiovascular disease risk factors including blood pressure regulation.
- Toxicity testing with True Cellular Detox
- Consult with your qualified healthcare professional if you have any risks, side effects, and to learn about alternatives for cholesterol-reducing medications including statins.
Know Someone Who Needs Natural Health Solutions?
Next week is Friends & Family Week
There’s still time to register for the Heart Health Event 6/14.