New Life Chiropractic is proud to now offer Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT). This FDA Approved Medical Technology has been used worldwide for over 40 years to relieve pain, remove scars, heal wounds, regenerate nerves and solve addictions.
Erchonia Low Level Laser Therapy
On January 17th, 2002, the first U.S. Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) company, Erchonia, the laser we will treat you with, received FDA clearance through clinical trial. The study took 100 patients complaining of Neck and Shoulder pain.
Half were treated with a useless red light (placebo group), similar to that on a computer mouse or grocery check-out, and the other half received LLLT. The treatment group beat the placebo group by 66%! That’s 66% faster relief and more complete relief, a remarkable margin.
Such a study is known as “double blind” research, and is the gold standard for measuring the validity of a therapy. Similar studies have been passed by the FDA for Carpal Tunnel, Wounds and Scar Tissue. There are over 2000 published studies on LLLT reporting zero negative side effects. Visit www.Erchonia.com for in-depth research.
10 Beneficial Effects of Low Level Laser Therapy
Clinical studies and trials of laser therapy technology indicate the following beneficial effects of Low Level Laser Therapy.
- Anti-Inflammation. Low Level Laser therapy creates an anti-edema effect by dilating blood vessels and activating the lymphatic drainage system (which drains
swollen areas). This reduces swelling caused by trauma or inflammation.
- Anti-Pain (Analgesic). Low Level Laser therapy exerts a very beneficial effect on pain in multiple ways. It partially blocks neural transmission of pain signals to the
brain. It decreases nerve sensitivity. Laser light also lessens pain by reducing edema. A fourth pain-blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of painkilling chemicals such as endorphins, enkephalins and opioids from the brain and adrenal gland.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth. Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissues and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light also increases the energy available to the cell by increasing ATP production so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, all cells, including the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity. Low Level Laser Therapy significantly increases the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue, which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds more quickly and reduces scarring. Low Level Laser Therapy also causes vasodilation, an increase in the diameter of blood vessels, which improves the delivery of blood and healing elements to damaged tissues.
- Increased Metabolic Activity. Low Level Laser Therapy stimulates higher outputs of specific pro-healing enzymes in blood cells, along with improved oxygen and nutrient delivery.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points. Low Level Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points an acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis, providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation. Low Level Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissues damaged from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
- Improved Nerve Function. Slow recovery of nerves in damaged tissue and result in impaired sensory and motor function. Low Level Laser Therapy speeds up the process of axonal regeneration and nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
- Immunoregulation. Low Level Laser Therapy directly affects immunity status by stimulating the production of immunoglobulins and lymphocytes and by improving the ease of penetration of white blood cells into damaged tissue.
- Faster Would Healing. Low Level Laser Therapy stimulates fibroblast development (fibroblasts are the building blocks of collage, which is predominant in would healing) in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or repair tissue injuries. As a result, Low Level Laser Therapy is effective on open wounds and burns.
What can I expect from Low Level Laser Therapy?
In a nutshell, Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) causes tissues to heal faster – muscle, skin and nerve – 66% faster according to the above FDA study.
Specifically, LLLT works at the cell level. Human cells produce a chemical known as ATP (adenosine tri-phosphate) to run the body and heal tissue. All of our body’s activities result from the use of ATP, it’s like gasoline to a car.
LLLT stimulates a micro-structure within the cells called the mitochondria (nicknamed the “powerhouse” because it produces ATP) to produce slightly higher amounts of ATP. Thus with more ATP at the cell level, tissues heal faster, and therefore relief comes quicker.
Conditions and Symptoms Treated by LLLT
As is true of many alternative therapies, you may receive alternative benefits to being treated, in addition to what you wanted fixed in the first place. This is because the ATP being produced is “systemic”, meaning although we’re focusing the laser on a particular area; the ATP is ultimately being sent throughout your entire body. The list of symptoms responding to LLLT is growing, and more valid research is being performed on a daily basis.
Number of LLLT Treatments needed
In general 4-12 treatments are necessary to begin the healing process of tissue, although in some cases relief can begin immediately. Maximum treatment would be 1x per day per area, minimum would be 1x per week to still see results. Multiple areas of complaint may be treated. This treatment cycle may need to be repeated, and eventually spread out.
Cost of LLLT Therapy
- Individual Laser Session $40
- Package of 8 Laser Sessions $280 (1 FREE)
- Package of 12 Laser Sessions $400 (2 FREE)