The Boston Herald reported a study from Fidelity Bank that showed a typical couple needs $225,000 in CASH (in addition to insurance and Medicare) to cover medical expenses after retirement. Last year this number was $215,000, and it is increasing at a rate of 4.7% a year!
At the rate increase of 4.7% per year, 12 years from now you will need approximately $400,000 in cash at retirement to pay medical costs NOT covered by insurance or Medicare. If Medicare fades out, as many are predicting, you will need far more than that.
Why Health Should Be Your Number One Investment
You’re only young once – take care of it. ~ From a Healthy, Wealthy, Ultra-Active 80 YEAR OLD MAN
I’ll bet you thought he was going to say “Enjoy it.” So did I.
People spend half their life spending all of their health to acquire wealth and the second half of their life spending MORE THEN their wealth trying to get their health back. ~ From a World-Leading Doctor
The #1 cause of bankruptcy and financial stress are costs related to health problems. So it’s simple – make your health your 1st investment. ~ From a World-Leading, Wealthy Financial Advisor
What do you mean organic food is too expensive? Your health is not a place to save money! You’ll spend 10 times as much later at the hospital!! (On drugs and surgery) ~ From a SUPERMOM (Single mom, successful business woman, with 4 great kids)
In search of a quick fix, many people first will state that we just need better health care coverage; however, this plan is unattainable as our country cannot give every American an additional $200,000 – $1,000,000 in medical benefits.
The real problem is neglecting the last place you put time and effort — your health — which is why it fails and medical costs are so expensive later.
Proof that Americans Are Neglecting Their Health
- Cheap food, cheap groceries, and cheap supplements are the #1 sellers.
- A gym industry article stated recently that only 13% of the U.S. exercises regularly.
- 7% go to the Chiropractor (Even though 100% have a spine) and even less follow through to wellness care and lifetime wellness.
- You get the cheapest insurance you can find so you get doctors that make the cheapest and lowest quality recommendations due to the guidelines they must follow. These guidelines are designed to save the insurer money, not to get you healthy. Insurance does not cover health and will never correct your issues!
- Passion for the quick fix despite the huge risk. Pharmaceutical companies make trillions even though the side-effects on every drug commercial and bottle read: “CAUTION: Your nose will fall off, you will become homicidal, get cancer, die early, commit suicide, and see aliens.”
Rising medical costs are not the issue, destructive lifestyles along with doctors that are trained in disease care and not health care are.Your Greatest Financial Crisis - How to Cover #MedicalExpenses After #Retirement Click To Tweet
Invest In Your Health Today To Avoid High Medical Expenses Later
Information to take away from this article: if you want to be wealthy, take care of yourself today to avoid poor health and, consequently, expensive medical conditions tomorrow. Not only will you save $100’s of thousands, you will save your life!
Make the right investment now, remember what my mentors said above: “….take care of your youth (health and vitality)” “….spend time on your health” “….spend money on your health – make health your first investment (a few thousand today will equal $400,000+ tomorrow… and you won’t be dead)” “…don’t save (go to the cheap doctor on the insurance or buy the cheap food and vitamins) when it comes to health.” You might save $12.50 on your grocery bill and $20 at the doctor … but you’ll be dead.
For more information and guidance on how to avoid being one of the millions headed towards this debilitating financial burden, join us for the next community dinner! If you’re not already under regular chiropractic care or you still have family that is not under care, now is the time to make that investment in your family’s future.
Looking to save on your health?
Join us for the next Community Dinner. RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY www.dinnerwithdrtimsmith.com