3 favorite Holiday Recipes
Pumpkin Pie with Almond Crust
For those of you that want a healthy and lactose-free version of the traditional Pumpkin Pie that tastes delicious, this is the recipe for you! The almond pie crust is the perfect substitution for all of your holiday treats.
- 1 15oz Can (preferably organic) pumpkin puree (no sugar or other additives, check the label)
- 3/4 cup “Spoonable” brand Stevia or equivalent OR 2/3 cup xylitol (OR LESS – TASTE IT! Let the spices do the talking!)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Pinch Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 4 oz. Organic Coconut Cream
- 8 oz. Unsweetened Almond Milk, original/vanilla flavor
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 pinch Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/2 pinch Stevia or xylitol
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mix pie crust dry ingredients and thoroughly combine. (Almond Flour, Salt, Stevia/Xylitol, Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes. You do not want the crust to brown. Let the Pie Crust Cool
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Combine all the Ingredients (Salt, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Nutmeg, Coconut Cream, Almond Milk)
Pour into a cooled almond pie crust.
Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 – 45 minutes.
Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Kids will love this. Add ingredients according to your personal taste.
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes Cinnamon
- 1 granny smith apple Stevia
- 1-2 tbsp butter or coconut oil Sea Salt
Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into chunks. Boil until tender. Meanwhile, melt butter or coconut oil in a skillet and cut up apple. Sauté apple in butter until soft. Add cinnamon, stevia, sea salt to taste. Add apple mixture to sweet potatoes and mash with a potatoes masher or electric blender.
Green Bean Almandine
Most green bean recipes call for the beans to be cooked so long that much of the nutrients are lost. In this recipe, they remain completely intact.
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice ½ tsp. sea salt
- 8 tbsp. olive ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced 4 C green beans, French cut
- 1 tbsp. onion, minced 2 C mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- ½ tsp. dry mustard 1 C almonds
Combine ingredients for marinade and pour over beans, mushrooms and almonds. Toss well. Allow to marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Serve chilled or just slightly warmed.