I want to address a lot of the concerns going on right now. I don’t think there’s a single person who hasn’t heard about Coronavirus and what’s happening.
I found there’s a lot of misinformation, a lot of fear that’s going on. Today I want to help take you out of fear and into empowerment to build up your health and build up your immune system instead of focusing on fear, sickness and disease.
Coronavirus – Truths Behind the Outbreak
Watch the video now!
Prefer to read? Here’s the gist of what else Dr. Tim spoke about in this video clip.
The Real Numbers Behind Coronavirus
What we’re learning on this is that it’s really not as bad as it’s played out to be. I want to help give you a little more perspective today with some actual research and real numbers, not what they’re putting out in the news and in the media.
As of 3/12/20 worldwide cases of Coronavirus is 134,717 and so far in the entire world, there have been 4,979 deaths as of yesterday. Here in America, just 1,746 cases and just 41 deaths.
Coronavirus Compared to the Flu
Now for every single one of those persons affected that matters. But let’s take that in perspective with something like the flu, which we deal with every single year and have for so long.
Just last year alone, there were 16.5 million cases of the flu reported here in America and 34,000 deaths. Worldwide there were over 250,000 to as many as 500,000 deaths from the flu. Some years are better, some years are worse.
Coronavirus Deaths Compared to Heart Disease
Last year in America, 657,083 died from heart disease, a preventable lifestyle-related disease. That’s 53,900 per month, 13,488 per week, 1,926 per day.
Is the Response Justified or Overblown?
The reason I bring this up is that there’s so much fear passing along for such a little relative risk. Very, very small risk compared to something like the flu or the cold. Compared greatly to things like heart disease and lifestyle-related deaths that are also preventable, but what’s being done to affect those?
I don’t see anybody shutting down schools shutting, down sports, canceling flights, shutting down the world for the flu every year, for a cold, for heart disease. I don’t see them putting a government mandate to shut down McDonald’s, to shut down smoking, to not allow you to drink alcohol anymore. But we know those are all risk factors for these very same things.
And nobody’s talking about what to do to boost your immune system to prevent getting sick. We also know this, Coronavirus is nothing worse than a bad cold and only the severely immunocompromised are even at any relative risk.
So a reasonably healthy person likely won’t get it in the first place and is very, very, very unlikely to have any adverse effects, including death.
How To Boost Your Immune System
As a chiropractor, the most important thing we can do to boost your immune system is the chiropractic adjustment. What we know from stress, things like worrying about what you’re seeing on the news actually down-regulates your immune system making you more susceptible to sickness and disease. Things like sugar, which is so common in our diet, decreases your immune function.
One single adjustment increases what’s called Interleukin-2. This is what controls the immune response in your body and stimulates white blood cells. Within one adjustment, 30 minutes, your white blood cell count goes up by 50%. 50 PERCENT! This is a 200% increase in your immunity in one adjustment.
If you’re getting regular chiropractic care for five years further research has shown it doubles your immune cells in your body. How powerful is it to build health and immunity versus fear, sickness and disease?
- If you take vitamin C, it supports your innate and adaptive immune response, further increasing the white blood cells, further increasing things like macrophages. This enhances your immune system significantly.
- Vitamin D has been shown to prevent viral infections and help your body heal adaptively from respiratory issues, which is mostly what Coronavirus is. It’s a respiratory infection.
- Echinacea is one of the most powerful immune-boosting nutrients in nature. Study after study has been shown of the powerful immune-boosting effects for bacterial, viral and all immune-related issues from taking regular echinacea.
So I have a couple of resources right here that we’re offering to help patients within the office.
- Vitamin D3 – 5,000 IU a day minimum. You should be doubling up on this if you want to boost your immune system.
- Vitamin C – 5000 to 10,000 IU’s. You can go as much as 20,000 to 50,000 IU’s a day to help boost your immune function.
- Echinacea – this is one of the most powerful forms of natural echinacea from the root itself, to significantly boost your immune impact.
These are things that I’m recommending for our patients and things that we’re doing for our family.
Simple things you can do right now.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Keep your stress levels low, which means turn the news off.
- Make sure you drink lots of water.
- Get out in the sun and get exercise.
- Make you’re taking your nutrients – vitamin C, vitamin D, echinacea.
- And most importantly, make sure you’re getting your chiropractic adjustments! You never want to miss. Don’t stay home out of fear. Don’t avoid crowds. Come get your adjustment. In fact, get in for extra adjustments to help your body heal itself.
These are the things that you can do to empower, health, prevent illness, and help avoid the distraction that’s going on. And that’s what I hope for each and every one of you.The Real Numbers on #Coronavirus and Healthy Responses to Build #Immunity Click To Tweet
Have you had the opportunity to join us at one of our community education events yet? During the community education events, Dr. Tim sifts through all of the knowledge out there to bring you key information about how to get healthy and stay that way and shares answers to frequently asked questions on chiropractic care and healthy eating. Enjoy the clips of previous events here.