Today I want to talk about an important concept when it comes to health and really any area of your life, and that’s the power of consistency. One of the biggest things I see with people struggling with their health is they’re inconsistent with following healthy routines. They’re not doing the things they know they should be doing regularly enough to see the result or outcome that they’re looking for.
You’ve probably experienced this in your life. You do something positive for a period of time:
- You lose 10 pounds.
- You start exercising on a daily basis.
- You dial in your nutrition.
You’re feeling really good, but then a few things come up and you kind of fall off your routine.
- COVID happens
- A job change happens
- Life change happens
- The season changes
- You go out of town
- Your schedule changes.
The result is that you fall off your nutrition plan a little bit and you gain some weight back, you don’t exercise as often, some f the pain issues start coming up, some of the health issues start creeping in, and you
start getting these bad thoughts.
It’s not that those things didn’t work. It’s not that your body can’t get healthy. And it’s not that you can’t do it. It’s just a matter of not being consistent.
How Small Consistent Actions Lead to Massive Health Improvement
Watch the video now! Prefer to read? Here’s the gist of what else Dr. Tim spoke about in this video clip.
The Secret to Longevity and a Preventative Lifestyle
Sometimes consistency may seem like it’s a little harder than expected, but really the idea of it is simple. If you just got 1% better each day, you would be 37 times better in the course of one year.
If you could just exercise a little bit more today.
If you could eat just a little bit better today.
If you could take care of your body and your health and be more proactive a little bit more today…
Then you’re gonna be that much better tomorrow and next week and next month and next year.
And that’s really the secret of longevity and a healthy natural preventative lifestyle. Like we teach here with chiropractic and the five essentials of Max Living.
That’s exactly what we do every day. We guide patients through the process of getting and staying well naturally through the essentials of:
- corrective chiropractic care
- taking care of your posture
- taking care of your spine and nervous system
- a healthy nutrition plan that’s sustainable for the rest of the life for your entire family
- an exercise and fitness program that you can do in a short period of time and that can be done at any level of fitness.
- how to minimize mental, emotional, chemical, and toxic stress around you on a regular basis
- how to tie all that together, which again is not hard if you’re consistent and you show up.
Healthy Steps We Encourage Our Patients to Take:
- show up to your appointments
- do your home care
- come to the workshops and events
- Read the weekly newsletter
- Check out the five essentials boards
- follow our videos on YouTube
- Look at our social media posts
Whatever it is for you, be consistent and do it each day. That way you continue to get a little bit better and will see lots of progress over time.
If you’re just watching this and you’re looking for a doctor or looking for help in these areas, come check us out. If you’re out of the area, you can go to MaxLiving.com and find a corrective care chiropractor who does this type of care and who can help guide you in finding a plan to be better and be consistent.
The Compounding Effects of Consistency
The compounding effects of consistency is what creates results when it becomes part of your identity:
- I am a healthy person.
- I’m a person that works out.
- I am a person that takes care of my health and I eat well.
- I’m a person who cares about my future.
- I do preventative actions to stay healthy. It’s a priority.
- I invest in my health because it’s my greatest asset and I want to live a life without limits.
Want More Educational Videos Like This?
If you want to learn more about how you can get to the cause of your pain, stress issues and your health problems and find a natural drug free solution check us out online or call the office. We have hundreds of videos on our Youtube channel that you can look at and there’s all kinds of other resources that we post to other social media channels to help you live a healthier life, naturally.
Have you had the opportunity to join us at one of our community education events yet? During the community education events, Dr. Tim sifts through all of the knowledge out there to bring you key information about how to get healthy and stay that way and shares answers to frequently asked questions on chiropractic care and healthy eating. Contact our office to learn about upcoming classes. Enjoy the clips of previous events here.